Posted on: 5 December 2015Share
You care for your aging loved one, and you want to give all that you can.Talking to him or her is great thing, and taking your loved one to his or her regular checkups is important. But there is still more that you can do, like allowing your loved one to interact with people of a similar age.The following are a few reasons why social interaction at an adult day care center may be a positive thing for your loved one.
A Little Gambling Excitement
Your loved one will be able to participate in friendly games of chance at the adult day care with other members, including friendly gambling sessions. You might not consider gambling to be a good thing, but a study found that gambling can be a positive thing. The study showed that the level of happiness is significantly increased with just a little gambling. The following are just some of the things that might trigger this happiness:
- Thrill of anticipation
- Excitement should your loved one win
- Social interaction, which could include jokes and such
- Memory retention and strategy planning
Make sure that you only allow your loved to play such games if he or she is not susceptible to a gambling addiction.
Add A Little Rhythm
Yes, dancing is a wonderful thing for your aging loved one, which may be offered at an adult care center. Several studies show how dancing could ignite several cognitive functions that could help enhance or recharge your loved one's life in many ways. The following are just some of the things that dancing helps your loved one do:
- Attention to details
- Interaction, perhaps even flirtation with dancing partner
- Retention, like steps of a dance, which could help prevent Alzheimer's
- Enhances balance, which could prevent falls or trips
- Exercise should help maintain weight and avoid blood pressure problems
What Else Might An Adult Day Care Provide?
The following are just some of the general benefits, in addition to the 2 social interaction benefits mentioned:
- Trained nurses who will look after your loved one
- Healthy and ailment-appropriate meals
- Personnel ensures that medicines are properly administered if necessary
- Ailments such as blood pressure and other vital signs will be monitored
There is a lot more, which you can find out by talking to your adult care provider's representative, such as those at Wellspring Meadows Assisted Living. But, as you can see, an adult day care center is a great thing for your loved one and should give you peace of mind.